From the kitchen of Dr. Jeff Savell:
This is a simple brisket rub recipe that provides a great balance of flavors to enhance a smoked brisket. Feel free to use it on other meats as well or adapt it to your particular tastes.
For this recipe,this will make enough rub for four large briskets.
Brisket Rub Recipe
- 2 cups of canning/pickling salt
- 1 cup of paprika
- 1/2 cup of coarse ground pepper
- 1/4 cup of fine ground pepper
- 1/2 cup of onion powder
- 1/2 cup of garlic powder
- 1/2 cup of cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup of brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 cup of granulated sugar
Mix the rub and apply it to the briskets at least overnight before the briskets are cooked.